The library is a good starting point for finding government information related to daily life. As a selective depository library for Federal and Ontario government publications, we provide a small selection of publications in either the Reference or circulating collections.
However, most government documents are now available on the Internet. Please see Information Staff for assistance in locating government documents, including City of Peterborough municipal documents such as budgets and annual reports.
- Service Canada - An easy to use guide to government services. If you're not sure which level of government is responsible for which services, this is a great place to start.
- City of Peterborough - Official site for information related to the City of Peterborough, including information for living, working and visiting. Includes council news and minutes community information, government documents, and links to departments.
- Peterborough County - Source and guide to county government, administration, services, events guide, documents and more.
- Government of Ontario - Official provincial government site with information and directory of all provincial services, programs, ministries and resources, and for information about Ontario.
- Service Ontario - Provincial information to assist you with information related to many important events such as getting married, having a baby or preparing for retirement.
- Government of Canada - Internet portal for information on the Government of Canada, its programs, services, new initiatives and products, and for information about Canada.
- Statistics Canada
- Library and Archives Canada
- Parliament of Canada - General, non-partisan information about the role, history, proceedings and activities of the Senate, the House of Commons and the Library of Parliament, and access to government documents.
- Canadian Legislative Information