If our library does not have the item you are looking for we may still be able to get it for you from another library.
You can submit your request by
- calling or visiting the Information Desk 705-745-5382 x2340
- using our self serve InfOntario interlibrary loan system
What is available through Interlibrary Loan?
- Books -except those published during the current year
- Photocopies of newspaper, magazine, and journal articles
- Microfilm -including items from the Archives of Ontario
What material cannot be requested?
- DVDs & music CDs
- Circulating material owned by the Peterborough Public Library
- computer software and games
- E-books and downloadable material
- Entire magazines
- Textbooks for academic courses
What materials might not be available?
- Non-circulating / reference materials / rare books
- Genealogical material
- Oversized materials
We will notify you when:
- The item has arrived, usually within 2-4 weeks, and is ready for pick-up.
- Additional information is needed regarding your request or to approve service charges.
- The request has been cancelled
Cancelling a request
You can cancel a request by contacting Interlibrary Loan staff at 705-745-5382 x2382 or by email. Customers with access to the Zportal may also cancel an order by clicking on the "Cancel" link in the request.
Pick up and returns
Circulating items will be held for pickup at your default branch. Interlibrary Loan materials are picked up on the hold shelf and returned to the Circulation Book Return. Please do not remove the pink slip attached to the cover.
Some items are not renewable. Please check the interlibrary loan pink slip to make sure that the item can be renewed before requesting an extension. All requests for renewals must be made to the interlibrary loan staff or by filling in the renewal form on our website. Items can be renewed if approved by the owning library. Items may not be re-requested for a 3 month period.
Charges and Fines
Overdue items: Fines will be charged on all overdue interlibrary loan materials in accordance with Peterborough Public Library policies, and carry a fine of $1.00 per day. Please be sure to check the due date on the checkout slip.
Lost or damaged items: charges are determined by the lending library.
If you have any questions, please call Interlibrary Loan Services at 705-745-5382 ext. 2382 or email