The library offers a wide range of audio and visual materials to assist learners of English at varying levels.
Explore topics such as vocabulary, pronunciation, listening, reading, grammar and idioms. We offer exam preparation materials such as TOEFL, IELTS, and studying for the Canadian citizenship test.
For more information, call us at 705-745-5382 ext 2340 or stop by the Information Desk.
English for Arabic Speakers
The library has a small collection of materials suitable for Arabic speakers beginning to learn English.
Some highlights include:
- National Geographic’s Windows on Literacy series – in dual language format,
English and Arabic.
- Hurry Up Collection: Learn and Speak English (books and CDs)
- English for Advancers (books and CD)
- Carry On Collection: Let’s Learn Advanced English
- Classic novels such as Treasure Island, A Tale of Two Cities,
- The Good Earth – in English and Arabic
- Picture dictionaries in English and Arabic
The library also has a small number of fiction and non-fiction books in Arabic only. These are mostly translations of contemporary Western authors.
Looking for something we don't have? We can request other books in Arabic from other libraries using our Interlibrary Loan service.