If you or someone you know has trouble reading print because of a visual, physical or learning disability you have access to a variety of other ways to read. As a member of the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA), we offer:
- Titles for all ages in audio, e-text and braille
- More than 85,000 books, magazines and newspapers
- Materials in English and French, with expanding access to other languages
With a valid library card you can choose to access materials in one of three ways:
1) Online access only- you will be able to independently access online audio books, magazines and newspapers through CELA.
2) Home delivery- you can choose to have items such as DAISY audio titles on CD, Braille or descriptive video mailed to you. You will return them to the CELA by "pre-paid" mail.
3) Online access and home delivery- you will be able to access online audiobooks, magazines and newspapers, and to place online orders for items such as DAISY audio titles on CD, Braille or described video. These items will be mailed to you and you will return them to the CELA by "pre-paid" mail.
To find out more or to register for this service contact:
Patricia Scoffield at 705-745-5382 ext. 2390 or Karen Bisschop at 705-745-5382 ext. 2352.
By registering for CELA, you can gain access to Bookshare, a large American collection of downloadable materials in audio and eText formats. Please inquire about this service when registering for CELA.